Quality and outcomes after global cancer surgery: a prospective, international cohort study
Registration for the GlobalSurg 3 Validation Exercise is now open.
If you did not take part in primary data collection for GlobalSurg 3, but would like like to participate you can now register as a data validator.
Please check if your hospital requires a validator by clicking here. If a data validator is needed at your hospital, please click the button below to register
- Aim is to determine variation in quality of cancer surgery worldwide
- Any hospital, any where, performing surgery for breast, gastric or colon cancer can participate
- Primary outcome measures are 30-day mortality and complication rates after cancer surgery
- 4-week data collection periods between April and October
- Data collection teams of 3 individuals – medical students, doctors, nurses and researchers are all welcome
- PubMed citation for all collaborators
How do I take part?
- Subscribe to mailing list (if you have not done so)
Register to take part (you will need an ORCID ID). General registration is now closed. If you need a REDCap account for data entry please contact us
- Obtain the necessary local approvals
What is an ORCID ID and why do I need it?
For GlobalSurg 3, we will require you to have an ORCID ID.
It is easy and free to register for this.
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher in the world. ORCID IDs will make registration for GlobalSurg 3 smoother and the authorship list at the end of the study more accurate. Your name on any publications arising from the study will be that of the name on your ORCID ID.
Contact your GlobalSurg 3 National Lead
Click here to find and contact your nearest GlobalSurg 3 National Lead directly
If you are interested in acting as the Hospital Lead at your local centre please contact your National Lead.